Friday 25 May 2018

Casquette

Recently I worked with Casquette, a cycling magazine aimed at women. It was a pretty quick turn around but I'm super happy with the illustration. I knew my colour palette from the start which is unusual for me as that's normally something I experiment with once I have my idea. The article discussed riders superstitions and rituals, like never bringing a podium cap with you to the race or placing the number 13 upside down. One rider Yvonne McGregor, explained how she used to always have her porridge in the same bowl but now she exclaims "give-me-my porridge-and-my bike-and-I'll-ride-it-with-avengeance" which I chose to illustrate. Here's the final. As always, its a blessing to work with clients whose product you love and that are super friendly and great at what they do.


And here are the roughs.



No comments:

Post a Comment