Tuesday 24 May 2016

Voyeur Virgin Australia's in-flight magazine and SOFFA

First of the next two commissions was for Voyeur, Virgin Australia's in-flight magazine. The piece was about investing in Australian Art and was a good shift from working on the dark, heavy subject of Therapy Today to something much lighter and colourful. I wanted to really amp up the playfulness to the illustrations too, something the art director had noted she'd liked about my work.


 

 

 

SOFFA was next, well I actually worked on these commission pretty much simultaneously and they both required quite a lot of work. SOFFA is a really beautiful, luxury magazine which has everything from recipes to diy, art, literature, so much, but the idea behind the commission was that I was given an extract from influential/prominent literature from the four corners of the globe. Because the client was based in Prague and then most of the text had been translated from its original language to Czech and then back to English, I had to read, re-read and then re-read again but in all I enjoyed the brief and my illustration was also chosen as the front cover.

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment