Monday 22 December 2014

Santa...I know him

Promise fulfilled. Exciting new Christmas cards commissioned by the V&A museum to send out to their high profiled clients. It was a pretty quick turn around with less than a week between the first email and the submission of final pieces but it was fairly exciting actually, plus it gave me another excuse to visit the V&A (like I need one). 

I'm really happy with the finished piece, the idea was to have the Chandelier symbolise a christmas tree. I tried to capture the essence of the museum with the grandeur of the vast dome entrance and sum up its wonderful collection with the Rotunda Chandelier, and marry it with a quietness, peacefulness and almost spiritualness, much like midnight mass on Christmas eve. 

This was the chosen piece


However I do love the snowman in this one


No comments:

Post a Comment